Sunday, June 21, 2009

What's going on JUNE??

This has been one hectic month. I have been offered a new job position within the company that I currently work for so now I am stressing day and night trying to have my current position organized and cleaned up for the trainee to follow while training and I am just a stressed!! AHHH...so I have once again been slackin' so I figured let me take the time and..R.E.L.A.X.

New Food: Sweet Lemon

Being of Filipino decent it is only natural for my kind to be absolutely addicted to International Markets!! A wide variety of international foods (a ton of vegan options too!) all for me to try out and at a very cheap price. So we were going through the fruits and veggies section and I saw a price ad for Sweet Lemons. I thought okay sweet and sour...that would be awesome tasting!! So I went ahead and picked one up to try. When I finally got around to trying it out (2 weeks later!) I began peeling it like you would a tangerine and instantly caught the aroma of a true lemon..acidic and sour. I thought "Okay so it definitely smells like a Lemon! But what about taste?" I peeled each section apart and took a small bite expecting a large burst of sour with a hint of sugary sweetness...LOL NOT! The flavor was watered down with a mild hint of sweetness with absolutely no, nada, zilch amount of acidity..no sour pucker..nothing. It was so crazy to smell such a strong cirrus aroma with such a light taste. Not something I would eat regularly but I do recommend it to anyone who love to try new things; It'll send your mind and taste buds in a complete loop!



A throw together done right!
Tofu Cubes, Bell Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms thrown together and stir-fried with garlic and seasoned very lightly with an Asian Beef Barbecue Marinade/Sauce Tim tried and fell in love with at Lote (an international market) and it's actually vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment