Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tea-Aholic







I am absolutely addcited to tea.

From the creamy sweetness of Black Tea touched with milk; to the aromatic earthy tones of Green and Oolong; to spiciness of Chai; to the endless possibilities of Herbal Tea....I love tea!!

So when a Co-Worker of mine brought in this cute little tea bag filled with Black Current Tea, my tastebuds were craving to try it; but inside I was debating on whether or not I really wanted to jump in and destroy such a cute little bag. After giving it a days thought and going through a whole entire day catching small wiffs of the strong, sweet and fruity smell the tea was giving off, I decided to dig in.

I allowed the tea bag to brew for 5 minutes; added a splash of milk and sugar and sipped..mmmm...slurp...mmm..gulp....ahhhh It was absolutely delicious! The flavors were sweet and intense and with a splash of milk, oh so creamy. Black Currant has made it to the top of my "Tea Addiction" list.

After brewing, I had placed the tea bag on a saucer and had completely forgotten about it for the rest of the day; at least until I was made aware of it around 11:30 PM that night.

My husband had fallen asleep really early last night so I stayed up trying to get things finalized for my new job on the 6th. Well, once it was time to hit the haystack, I had cozied up into bed and my husband woke up and ran downstairs to get something to drink. When he came back up he looked at me and asked, "What is that plant downstairs?"

I looked at him questionably and asked "What plant are you talking about?"

"There's a plant downstairs sitting on a black plate with a leaf sticking out."

I busted out laughing hysterically! I relaized he was talking about my tea bag. "No, honey, that's my tea bag."

All he could say was "Oh" and went back to bed. I could not stop laughing.

Oh the memories food brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment