Thursday, June 11, 2009

CousCous Addiction


Once again I had a craving for Cous Cous, but I also had a serious craving for stir-fry. With not a lot of ingredients in my cupboard due to our lack of motivation to go grocery shopping, I whipped up Stir-Fried CousCous with onions, garlic, peppers, carrots, peas and corn with a small dash of tamari and seasoned with salt and pepper.

I'll be honest, I was a little shocked of the ending result. It was very light, but very flavorful. What surprised me the most was the fact that the couscous absorbed the liquid so well. As a pasta, I assumed you would need more of a thick sauce for it to properly cling, but instead I learned that this small grain has great capabilties of absorbing flavor quickly and efficiently.

My meal ended up easy, colorful and a complete craving satisfier. Another craving knocked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment